Connect with us

Fashion

Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna show records 4.5% visitor increase

Published

on


By

Ansa

Translated by

Nicola Mira

Published



March 24, 2025

The 56th edition of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna, the world’s leading trade event for the cosmetics industry, was held on March 20-22. It welcomed over 255,000 visitors from 150 countries, browsing among 3,128 exhibitors from 65 countries, representing over 10,000 brands. “We are extremely proud of the results of this edition,” said Gianpiero Calzolari, president of show organiser BolognaFiere Cosmoprof.  “We have concluded a record-breaking Cosmoprof, confirming once again that the exhibition — through its initiatives and services aimed at optimising business opportunities among industry professionals — is an essential tool for the sector’s growth,” he added.

Cosmoprof

The show “recorded a 4.5% increase in visitors compared to last year, with a significant number of high-calibre international attendees.” Visitor growth was helped by “buyer recruitment programmes targeting key markets, and the support of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and of the Italian Trade Agency (ITA), which facilitated the presence of 80 delegations from major global markets,” added Calzolari, who went on to say that Cosmoprof “reflects the constant growth of the global beauty industry, which is expected to exceed €612 billion in revenue in 2025.”

This year’s Cosmoprof Bologna was held over an exhibition area that was 5.8% larger than in 2024, featuring 29 national stands, while 78% of exhibitors came from outside Italy.

“The beauty industry is on the rise: in 2023, [Italy’s] exports grew by over 20% compared to 2022, and in 2024 we observed a further 11.4% increase over the previous year,” said Matteo Zoppas, president of ITA. “We can confidently say that beauty is one of the driving forces behind Made-in-Italy exports. While some sectors, such as automotive, are experiencing a decline, the cosmetics industry has contributed significantly to stabilizing the national economy. With €8.4 billion in exports, accounting for over 40% of the sector’s total revenue, beauty remains a strategic asset for Made-in-Italy, especially considering the €626 billion generated globally last year,” added Zoppas.

The partnership with Italian cosmetics industry association Cosmetica Italia was also key for the event. “With revenue of €16.5 billion, the cosmetics industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors within Made-in-Italy, with 12% export growth in just one year. A record trade surplus of almost €4.7 billion confirms the strategic role of cosmetics within the Italian manufacturing sector,” said Benedetto Lavino, president of Cosmetica Italia. He also underlined how “the exhibition highlighted the sector’s importance in job creation, with 400,000 professionals working across the entire supply chain [in Italy].”

In terms of the sector’s relationship with political institutions, Lavino said that “our dialogue with political and institutional representatives, including Adolfo Urso, Minister of Enterprises and Made-in-Italy, and his deputy Valentino Valentini… brought crucial industry concerns to the government’s attention. A strong synergy between businesses and institutions is essential to tackle future challenges, protecting us from duties and other protectionist trade measures, and securing the industry’s continued growth.”

Cosmoprof once again proved to be “a hub for new trends and ideas. This year, our exhibition provided industry professionals from around the world with insights into the beauty sector’s evolution and its most significant trends, from sustainability to the demand for products that cater to emerging consumer clusters, from wellness-focused solutions to the influence of new technologies and AI on product experiences,” said Enrico Zannini, managing director of BolognaFiere Cosmoprof. He added that, in the coming months, “we’ll start laying the groundwork for an even more engaging and high-performing edition in 2026.”  The 57th edition of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna will be held in March 2026.

Copyright © 2025 ANSA. All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading

Fashion

Duran Lantink wins 2025 Woolmark Prize

Published

on


Dutch designer Duran Lantink has been named the winner of the 2025 International Woolmark Prize.

Duran Lantink wins 2025 Woolmark Prize. – 2025 Woolmark Prize

Lantink will receive AU$300,000 to invest in the growth of his business, along with ongoing mentorship from the industry and Woolmark Prize retail partners.

The Amsterdam and Paris-based designer, whose eponymous label was founded in 2019, is known for crafting sustainable, ever-evolving collections. His innovative approach blends pre-loved garments, deadstock fabrics, and new eco-friendly materials. 

Lantink’s winning collection reimagined traditional knitting techniques through 3D reconstructed knitwear, incorporating historical Dutch knitting styles and recycled army sweaters, combined with contemporary woven check patterns.

“I feel very honoured to receive this award and I’m just so happy because we worked so hard with so many collaborators and it’s just really great to get this recognition,” Lantink said. 

At the same event, Pieter Mulier was awarded the Karl Lagerfeld Award for Innovation, while Südwolle Group received the Supply Chain Award. 

The winners were announced in Milan, where an expert panel of judges, chaired by Donatella Versace and including IB Kamara, Law Roach, Alessandro Sartori, Tim Blanks, Sinéad Burke, Honey Dijon, Alessandro Dell’Acqua, Simone Marchetti, Roopal Patel, and Danielle Goldberg, selected the winners.

Versace said, “We are in a moment when we need to feel better. Duran makes us feel that. His collection is a wonderful combination of respect for the fibre and a joyful sense of the future.” 

For over 70 years, the International Woolmark Prize has championed the beauty and versatility of Merino wool while fostering sustainable growth through innovation and industry mentorship. 

The 2025 edition, artistically directed by IB Kamara, was inspired by the sun, symbolizing energy, renewal, and interconnectedness. 

Copyright © 2025 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading

Fashion

Target unveils limited-time Kate Spade New York collection

Published

on


Target is set to launch on April 12 a limited-time collaboration with global lifestyle brand Kate Spade New York.

Target unveils limited-time Kate Spade New York collection. – Target

The collection includes more than 300 pieces spanning women’s, kids’, and baby apparel, handbags, home accessories, and entertaining essentials. 

Key pieces include graphic tees, two-piece sets, tops, shorts, skirts and dresses in a range of silhouettes, while accessories span handbags and playful bag charms. The home and entertaining assortment includes a mix of drinkware, dining sets, colorful party décor, and interactive games like checkers and cornhole. 

Unexpected finds complete the collection such as a disposable camera, a vintage-inspired record player, a $200 party tent and a $300 designer bicycle. With prices starting at $5, more than half of the collection will be available for $15 or less. 

“With versatile pieces that work for every occasion and can’t-miss prices, this partnership brings together Kate Spade’s signature style with Target’s legacy of making the best design accessible to all,” said Jill Sando, Target’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, apparel and accessories, home and hardlines. 

“Our teams worked together for two years to create this collection, and I can’t wait for consumers to see everything we have to offer. It’s stylish, affordable and loaded with items that’ll add plenty of joy to everyday moments.” 

Since 1993, Kate Spade New York has been known for a spirited approach and playful wit, which is brought to life through this partnership. 

“Kate Spade New York has always been rooted in joy. Our products deliver a distinct point of view that blends effortless style with a youthful edge,” added Charlotte Warshaw, VP, Americas wholesale, global licensing and collaborations of Kate Spade New York. 

“This iconic collaboration with Target does just that. We’re excited for customers across generations to experience a little piece of the magic we’ve created together.”  

Copyright © 2025 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading

Fashion

French wine, spirits sales in US expected to fall 20% after tariff announcement

Published

on


By

Reuters

Published



April 3, 2025

Sales of French wine and spirits are expected to slide at least 20% in the United States after U.S. President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs, the French wine and spirits exporters group FEVS said on Wednesday.

Reuters

Trump said the United States would impose a 20% duty on imports from the European Union.
The French wine and spirits industry had already been under pressure, with exports globally falling for the second consecutive year in 2024 due to threats of U.S. tariffs, a softer Chinese market and lower prices.

FEVS chairman Gabriel Picard described the 20% tariff on EU beverages as colossal.
“It will have a very significant impact on business in the United States … a very significant impact on the American consumer,” he told Reuters.

The United States is the largest market for French wine and spirits, with shipments to the U.S. rising 5% in 2024 to 3.8 billion euros ($4.12 billion).

Exporters include LVMH, which owns Moet et Chandon champagne and Hennessy cognac, as well as Pernod Ricard and Remy Cointreau.

© Thomson Reuters 2025 All rights reserved.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © Miami Select.